Iată un rezumat în engleză al proiectului cercetării de doctorat al Anei Niculăeș, doctorandă la UPSM, prezentat în cadrul Atelierului doctoral pe 15 decembrie 2011:
- To identify the specific and types of coping strategies for 8-11 years old children
- To develop a psychological intervention plan with the goal of teaching children speciﬁc skills that is presumed to enhance coping. This approach is predicated on the assumptions that:
- To adapt to national specific an instrument that measures coping strategies that children use after having experienced negative life events.
- To study the dynamic of coping strategies specific for different age category 8, 9, 10, 11 years old.
- To establish the gender differences in types of coping strategies.
- To identify the relationship between coping strategies and academic achievement.
- To examine which coping strategies lead to positive affect and which lead to a negative affect.
- The coping strategies chosen by young children are determined by age, gender and personality particularities and have a specific characteristic for this development stage.
- Psychological interventional plan specially organized can influence in a positive way the choice of adaptative coping strategies.